Dr Alex Wilkinson:
Sustainable inhalers - what YOU can do
Want to do more to combat climate change but current events and your state of Weltshmerz is holding you back? Do you need some positive practice-changing, actionable advice?
Your ears are in the right place!
LJ and Katia interview the brilliant Dr Alex Wilkinson.
The huge carbon cost of inhalers.
The key stats and evidence.
Why change is needed and how to make it.
Barriers to change and how to overcome them.
With Barney & Jon we discuss our latest climate challenge- contacting MPs about a Climate Issue- hear how we got on and get advice on how to proceed.
Excellent links for you to browse, amuse and amaze:
- The environmental impact of inhalers for asthma; a green challenge and a golden opportunity.
- Costs of switching to low global warming potential inhalers. An economic and carbon footprint analysis of NHS prescription data in England.
Other great links:
- BBC Inside health interview (with Alex)
- Green Inhaler website
- PrescQIPP inhaler carbon footprints
- Openprescribing - local data with benchmarking for MDI/DPI use
- GP network Greener Practice: resources relevant to both primary and secondary care
Follow and share us on Twitter / Insta / FB / Whatsapp!
If you want a JS mug for your doctors mess - get in touch!