Why Climate Change is a Health Crisis & A Healthcare Crisis.
Welcome to after the summer break!
LJ, Katia, Barney, and Jon kick off a new series and get their teeth stuck into the link between climate change and health.
In this introduction episode we bring you up to speed with what climate change what climate change actually is and why its a health problem.
- What is climate change
- Why is climate change a health crisis?
- What is the role of healthcare professionals?
- What is the role of the health service (in particular the NHS)?
✏️ Key links:
- Lancet Countdown on health and climate change
- Costello & Montgomery paper on the role of healthcare professionals
- The sustainable physician & Sustainability in quality improvement by Frances Mortimer
- Greener NHS: Delivering a Net Zero Health Service
- Views of health care professionals on climate change and health: a multinational survey study
Featuring: Dr. Laura Jane, Dr. Katia Florman, Dr. Jonathan Hudson, and Dr. Barnaby Hirons.