22nd February, 2021
#29 JournalSpotting go to BTS
An update from the British Thoracic Society Winter 2021 Meeting
We virtually attended the amazing Winter Meeting by the British Thoracic Society and have assembled a star studded cast to bring you the highlights!
Discrimination in COVID times
The cost of COVID to our healthcare services,
D-dimers in COVID,
Post TB lung disease,
Why the circadian rhythm really is important clinically
Top pleural facts.
- Dr. Jamilah Meghji- clinical academic respiratory medicine
- Dr. Marina Soltan- NIHR Respiratory Registrar
- Dr. Sam Bartlett-Pestell- Respiratory Registrar
- Dr. Stefano Palazzo- Respiratory Registrar
- Dr. Amy Downes- Respiratory Registrar
Air pollution and the havoc it is causing in the UK, in Africa and in the World. We discuss the cost of the NHS amongst all this, particularly focusing on inhalers. We talk about what we can all do about it and why there is reason to be hopeful!
- Dr. Laura-Jane Smith, Respiratory Consultant.
- Claire McBrien, Respiratory Registrar
- Vicky Tayler, Respiratory Registrar
- Emma Lombard, Respiratory trainee